Thursday, August 29, 2013

GOOD NEWS! And a little bad but I'm hanging my hat on the GOOD!

On Tuesday I had my chest xray and my chest CT to have a look at how things are going and to assess whether or not the Gemzar chemo I am on, is doing its thing.

Jeff and I sat with the Dr. yesterday for the results and here's the good news: My tumor markers in the blood tests have gone down significantly, yay. AND, the best news evah is that the majority (I'll circle back to this) of my tumors in my lyphnodes in my chest have also significantly gotten smaller! Dr. C said that my largest tumor was 4 centimeters and it's now 4 millimeters! This is all unbelievable news and I'll take it!

There was a little bad news and that is that there are a few stubborn (in true Tracy fashion) tumors that are not responding to the treatment.  The are trying to escape out the back door so Dr. C has to come up with a plan that will continue to work on the tumors that are responding while also tackling these little bastards that are not cooperating.  They've also noted that there is more fluid around my heart (pericardial effusion) so I had another echo cardiogram today that will give more information and determine whether or not I will have to have this fluid drained.

As far as my treatment plan goes, I'm waiting to hear from the Dr. on next steps but the options are:

1. Stay the path with Gemzar and add hormonal therapy (Lupron & Tamoxifen) OR
2. Stay on Gemzar but add another chemo med OR switch completely to another chemo med all together

I am waiting to hear back on what the next steps are.

As for non medical updates,  I was given the green light to go ahead and go to Bermuda with Jeff next week! We couldn't be more excited as we haven't had a vacation this year (if you don't count running around with Big Dipper for the shows this winter) and we could really us a change of scenery for a few days.

Thanks for reading and caring and for continuing to send as many positive thoughts that you can all muster up!

More to come.
xxoo






No comments: