Saturday, June 25, 2016

Reality Hits like a Ton of Bricks

This isn't much of a post, but rather just a quick update in the form of a horrible email I sent to family and close friends with an update. Jeff and I went to the Doctor yesterday for the results of my MRI last week. It wasn't good news and I am basically loaded with cancer again. I knew this before she opened her mouth actually. I just didn't know how bad it actually is. Please read below for where we are at: 


"I so wish that this email had a more positive spin on it, but we're back in the weeds with the cancer. I had been feeling great energy wise, finally had my kidney stents removed and my blood counts looked pretty good, etc. However the inside of my spine and bones have been having an effing party. We found out yesterday that the bone tumors are all back and then some. 
"Extensive" "Widespread" "Innumerable"  

My Oncologist told me that if she were to do an MRI on every bone she's fairly certain I would have cancer in every bone in my body.
I'm gonna leave it at that because no one should have to listen to the rest.

Bottom line is that Arizona doctors have done everything they can do for me so Jeff and I will be going to Boston for a Dana Farber Cancer Institute appointment. This is all on the heels of our Boston/Brant Rock vacation so we will be in the area a few weeks in July.
We will be staying in Newton and not sure when we will arrive but we will keep you all posted" 

Yes, it sucks. Our family is in a complete daze but we'll be ok. I've got one of the best Dana Farber doctors on my side, PERSONALLY working on getting me in with one of THE best in their field. This is still somewhat optimistic news and once I get there we will know if there are any other treatments that my cancer may respond to. If not, we were finally told that without any further treatment I can live between 6-12 months more. I want to live longer, but not if my life will be shit. I get to decide when I'm ready to go and I'm not done here yet! 

Boston, we're coming back.
#BostonStrong 


Peace and love
Tracy

No comments: