Saturday, July 13, 2013

Feeling cocky but Chemo #1 kicked my butt

Chemo #1 Update

The chemo infusion on Tuesday went really well.  My nurse Karen was a doll and man, does she know her way around a power port! I didn't feel a thing when that needle went in. My EMLA trick of numbing it first along with their instant freeze spray stuff is the

I'm told that the good news is that I wouldn't have much nausea, my hair most likely won't fall out this time and I should be able to manage this stuff fairly well.  That'd be great but I didn't handle the nausea & vomiting well and in fact I had a horrible Day #2 and I can't tell you that I ate that day. In fact, Remo is on a hunger strike himself and told my friend Beth who is here looking after me, that he isn't eating until I do.

Day #3 was pretty crappy too except that was due to excruciating pain and trying to manage all my pain meds. I also had a fever which I was told to watch out for and between that and the drugs I was fairly comatose for most of yesterday and honestly, I can't believe I am even sitting up typing this after how I looked/felt the past couple of days. Remo is still on his Hunger Strike.

Last night was something out of a comedy movie for sure. Poor Beth comes out to look after me and she ends up doing a Mexican Hat dance to kill crickets that have decided to take over our furnace closet! This all happened at 11:30 last night.

Facebook friends, email friends, words w/friends and phone friends - please don't take offense if you are not getting replies. I can barely even concentrate on what I am reading or hearing never mind trying to write back or even make a phone call back. Just know that I love you all and I appreciate how much you care and want to hear about how I am doing.

Please just keep sending your positive thoughts, karma and well wishes my way.
XXOO
Tracy







2 comments:

april said...

Tracy,
Even though it was hard to read that the chemo kicked you hard, it was great to read this -- I hear your voice and I loved reading it. You are amazing. Peace and love, ao

Unknown said...

Thanks Ape :) XOXO