Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Chemobrain - It really is REAL!

I know that I have blamed my memory loss or loss for words in the middle of a sentence, to many of my family, friends and co-workers, on something called chemobrain. Well, I want you to know that I didn't make it up. It really does exist and I was not a believer until it started happening to me. I thought I would share with you what one person describes it to be:

"Patients who receive treatment for cancer often experience a range of side-effects, including loss of concentration, memory problems, and the inability to organize daily activities—commonly referred to as chemobrain."

See, I'm not really just "losing it", I will eventually get my crisp, clear, brain back as soon as I have completed chemo.

Which brings me to my second reason for posting.....I've had a very slight bump in the road, and I have to postpone my chemo treatments so I can deal with an awful dental issue. Instead of having chemo tomorrow, I will be enjoying myself at the dentist, getting a root canal. Ick.

But, the good news is, I should still be able to keep my next appt. on March 15th which will only set me back 2 weeks. I can live with that. But I cannot live with the pain that I have been for over 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Tracy,

thanks for the update...! that Chemobrain sounds very scary. It's good to know that it's just not you and many other people are having the same exact experiences.
sorry to hear about the root canal, that's one thing i've never had before. i agree with you 2 weeks will just fly by.

good luck tomorrow at the dentist. Take care and keep the updates coming....

lots of love,
Nisha xoxo