Friday, February 16, 2007

Major Milestone!!!!

Yesterday marked my half way point for treatments! It seems to good to be true that I have already been through 3 1/2 months of surgeries, numerous appts, and now I am half way through my chemotherapy. I start a new medication on March 1 and I finish April 12th if all goes as well as it has. Meaning, my counts have all been great, I've managed to stay healthy (outside of the horrendous side effects of chemo) and I haven't had to miss one treatment! I am just cruising through but not without feeling the effects, as you all know.
Yesterday while we were at treatment, there wa
s a lot of loud clapping and cheers and I quickly realized it was for the people that were completing their treatments! Good for them. I'm sure it was an incredible feeling for them. I had the same incredible feeling walking out of there knowing that I was half way there!!
My doctor was very good to me at this visit. He was very concerned and not pleased with the amount of pain that I endure every treatment after my Nuelasta shot. He increased my pain meds and made it quite clear that I am to take them, period. I have a hard time taking a lot of
pain pills. But, if it means salvaging a little bit of
my 3 days following treatment, then I suppose I'll give it a shot.


1 comment:

Jackie said...

Trace, never underestimate the number of lives you touch... Even Britney heard that all the cool chicks are going bald .... ;)

Seriously, I am really proud of your tenacity and willingness. And at half way through, know that I am giving you a standing ovation. For you are Mighty Tracy, Warrior and Slayer of Breast Cancer!!!! And because of you, I am going for a mammogram tomorrow.

Know that I love you beyond measure!!!
Uncle Jackie