Friday, March 16, 2007

Treatment #5

Well, the party was over for me yesterday. My chemo break (because of a root canal) was now over. I have to say that the break did me a world of good. I felt almost like my old self, just not as strong and not as much energy as normal. I was able to hit most of a Celtics game, spend a day in the office, and spend the night in Boston with my best friend from Bermuda. It all gave me the strength and drive to get back into this thing and get it done!!!

I didn't sleep very well the night before my treatment due to the fact that I was starting a new drug and it had been so long since my last one. I did really well. The taxol takes about 3 hours to infuse and because of all the pre-meds that they give prior to that, I basically slept the entire time. Once I got home, I proceeded to sleep the rest of the day away until about 730pm. Needless to say, I was up half the night!

So far so good as far as nausea is concerned. My stomach doesn't have that incredible toxic feeling that I had right after infusion with the AC. I get my Nuelasta and Procrid shots today for my white and red cells. Once I get those, I basically brace myself for the obscene pain associated with the Nuelasta as well as the side effects of the Taxol itself. I'm ready. I just go into my "chemo coma" until it's over...

But, I only have to do this 3 more times then I am all done!!!! My onco nurse told me that it will take me about 4-6 weeks to get my stamina and energy level back once I am all through with the chemo.

So one year out of my life in order to have a life! I can handle that!

Think Pink~


No comments: