Tuesday, April 03, 2007

6 Down, 2 to go!!!

Well, I did it, I managed to get through another treatment. This time I was smarter than the chemo and I actually planned out my pain management strategy and it paid off. I started taking my heavy duty pain pills on Friday morning prior to my nuelasta shot and it's side effects. Then I just stayed in front of the pain all weekend and it actually helped. I was totally drugged the entire time, but whatever it takes! Today is Tuesday and I am just dealing with lingering hip, leg and arm pain along with my new side effect: numbness and tingling in both of my hands. It started today out of nowhere. My palms have been really itchy (I doubt I'll be coming into money) and all of a sudden, they got really numb and they tingle. It is the strangest feeling but it doesn't hurt so I can live with it I think.

So, I can do it, I can make it through my last 2 treatments! Now I know how to handle this awful pain, I am not as scared anymore. I will do it, and I will be done on April 26th!!!

No comments: