Thursday, April 12, 2007

7 Down, 1 to go!!!

Well, I am getting close to the end of my treatments. It seems so surreal still. This entire thing. I cannot believe that I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I cannot believe that I have had a bilateral mastectomy and have implants where my own, god given flesh and tissue used to be, and I cannot believe that I have spent the last 4 months of my life going through chemotherapy and I cannot believe that my big ole head of hair is gone! It is truly unbelievable. But throughout it all, I have remained positive, as cheery as possible, and try to be as much of a role model for anyone going through what I am. This has changed me as a person, and my objective now, is to help educate women of all ages that Breast Cancer invades the lives of 1 in 7 so we have to be aware of how we can stay ahead of it. I realize that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, but in my life, it is every day of every month! Let's all try to help eradicate this disease by doing all we can to help find a cure! Feel free to donate right here on my blog's home page. It's easy. All you have to do is click on the donate button on the charity badge here on the left hand side of my blog!

Well, I go for my Nuelasta shot tomorrow, and then that is when all the bone pain starts setting in. So, there'll be no update while I handle the side effects which are rough. I'll be back as soon as I can!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and the snow misses us!!!!

THINK PINK
Tracy

No comments: