Wednesday, April 18, 2007


Ready to go back to work!

I know it sounds funny to some, but I cannot wait to get back to the office and get back to my regular routine. I love it and miss it. I have been in the travel industry for almost 24 years. I started out when I was 17 years old and I never turned back! I consider myself very lucky that I picked a profession, learned it, stuck with it, and love what I do! I've been working 2 days from home for a while now, but I miss the office. I work with a great bunch of people and I can't wait to get back. I told a co-worker today to get ready, cuz I am coming back with a renewed sense of enthusiasm and I am ready to go!

I am so glad that I was able to take the time I needed to get through this ordeal and be able to concentrate on my health. I was telling someone today how in a strange way I actually enjoyed the time at home. Even though half of each month was in bed and dealing with disgusting side effects, I was able to spend more time with my kids and my other family members which I loved. I actually formed a really neat bond with my youngest niece.

Casey is only 2 years old, and up until my surgery, she really didn't know me. Since then, my sister Stephanie, who lives only 20 minutes away from where we moved in NH, visits regularly with Casey while my nephew Cameron is in school. It's been so cool to see them both so often, but especially Casey because we really got to know each other. This morning she came over and wore one of my hats around the house. She came in with her pink Red Sox hat on and then proceeded to try on a couple of my hats and wear them around. She calls me Auntie now, and she has her ritual of coming in and going straight to the cabinets looking for something she knows she probably can't have at home. Then she grabs her favorite blanket, a prayer shawl that my mother in law gave me, and she drags it around the house. It's been so fun watching her grow and I love to hear all her new words and watching her mannerisms. She is adorable.



I've had a ton of time in the past 5 1/2 months to really think about a lot of things. One thing I know for sure is that I am incredibly lucky to have the life I do. I thank my lucky stars every day!


No comments: