Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

We had a great day today, actually, we had a great weekend. My brother Andy, my sis in law Patty and my niece Taylor all spent the weekend. It wasn't planned that way, in fact we were all supposed to spend Easter at their house today. That was until Mother Nature decided to dump a ton of snow on us last week! They live in Maine and had no power for 3 days so they came Friday morning and spent the weekend with us, it was nice to have them here! I loved having the company since I spend so many days alone at home. Every time I turned around my sister in law was cleaning something! And, this morning, she and my brother put together a couple of bookshelves that I had ordered weeks ago for my office. It was great since I don't have the strength to do that kind of thing yet and Jeff absolutely hates assembling things. So, he cooked while they assembled. It was perfect and I finally have a place in my office for all the books in the house! Thanks Andy and Patty :)

I had a pretty strange day on Friday, I felt so tired and lightheaded...probably just the fatigue hitting me from this Taxol. My hands and feet have been getting progressively worse as the days go on. The numbness, itching and tingling in my palms, fingers and feet is really ticking me off. I have to say, it's getting annoying and there is nothing I can do to make it stop!

Today I felt a really sharp pain just jolt from my port through my chest. It made me stop dead in my tracks. It's never done that before. Oddly enough, during the week leading up to my treatment, my port always starts to hurt a little bit, like it's screaming to be used. Well, it can scream all it wants to, this is the 2nd to last time it'll be used! I cannot believe that after Thursday, I will have only 1 treatment left to go. I cannot wait to get this over with and get my port removed and try to move on.

Ok, now I am just rambling.....I could go on and on, but I won't bore you all to tears....I just thought I would add and update since my posts are fewer and far between these days.

I hope everyone enjoyed their day and I hope the Easter Bunny was good to you all!




No comments: