Saturday, January 27, 2007

And I was supposed to be feeling better this week....

With my treatment being last Thursday, I really thought that by my usual Monday/Tuesday after chemo, I'd start to really feel better. Funny thing, my only day that I haven't experienced some nausea was Wednesday. I honestly have been taking my anti-nausea pills around the clock to provide some relief. The odd thing is that my appetite hasn't been spared at all. Now I know why they say that people normally gain weight rather than lose. Great. No hair, feel like crap constantly, and yeah, I get to put on a few pounds! Well, I did just get the word that I can do a form of low impact exercise. They say that most woman get through the chemo better with some form of regular exercise. I'd like to think that I could get into that. I just don't know if I do it between the excruciating bone pain or the disgusting nausea. I'll have to plan that one out.

Sorry for the unbelievable sarcasm tonight but I just planned on taking a really quick shower and I ended up being held hostage by my hair falling out. It is unreal. Every time I touched my head, my hands were covered in hair. I came out and I can literally see my bald head now. What an incredibly bizarre feeling. I never in my life thought I would look like this, or be going through what I am. But, as usual, Jeff makes me feel terrific. He said that I have a nice small head and I look beautiful. Lord am I lucky to have such an incredible husband.

Ok, enough for tonight.

No comments: