Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hats, Hats, and more Hats!!! (among other wonderful things)

My sister in law and sister threw me the best Hat party on Sunday. My house was transformed into a pink palace with pink ribbons and balloons and flowers everywhere!

There were about 35 or so women here (with a couple men for good measure) and we had good food, wine (not me), an incredible chocolate fountain, laughs and a TON of hats. It was a riot. I really didn't plan on unveiling my head to a room full but I got caught up in the moment and realized that the house full of women were among the most important people in my life and my biggest supporters! So, off (fell) my scarf and I did it. I donned my bald head for all to see. It was kind of liberating, although I could never walk around like that! It was fun though, as I was then able to try on some of the hats as I opened them. I hope to have some pics to post. Some of these hats were something else!

Among the hats, I was given some beautiful jewelry, cozy pj's, scarfs and lots of other nice things. It was really a special day for me and my sister in law, Patty deserves big kudos for the time and effort she put into this. When I tell you she went above and beyond, I mean it. Hot gluing pink ribbons and pearls on toothpicks? Oh yeah, she went all out! :) Love you, Patty.

And of course a huge thank you to my sister Steph and C-Lou, Pam, Taylor, my mom, mother in law and sister in law and everyone else who contributed to the planning!

I have the best family and friends, THIS is what gets me through.

No comments: