Monday, January 08, 2007

Day 5 post chemo....yuck

Within 3 hours of getting home, I started to enjoy the side effects that I have learned so much about. I have since spent the past 5 days with severe nausea, massive headaches from one of the anti-nausea drugs, bone pain from the Nuelasta shot that helps restore my white blood cells, and today I have just begun to experience the mouth sores that I tried so hard to stay away from. I was told that if I ate a popsicle or ice chips during the adriamycin push, that maybe I could prevent mouth sores. Maybe I helped ward them off a little longer but I certainly didn't escape them this time. Basically I have found it difficult to get my head off the pillow for most of the past 5 days.

I think I may have learned the trick with all of the pain meds, and anti-nausea drugs so next time, I can handle it better. I suppose the first time is always the worst because of the unknown. I know now, and I hope I change my strategy for next time.

I'll get there, one day at a time.

3 comments:

Hi my name is Jen, whats yours? said...

Tracy,

Hang in there. I wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.

Jen Santry

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy,

thanks so much for the updates. I'm really sorry to hear you have not been too well 1st time around. I hope the following sessions are much easier for you.

take care of yourself,

Nisha

Jackie said...

THIS SUCKS!!!!! AND, I'M SORRY THAT YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS!!!

But remember, you are Mighty Tracy, Warrior and Slayer of Breast Cancer, raised in the depths of the Smelly Green Tent and YOU CAN DO ANYTHING! You WILL make it through this yucky part, Trace. And someday soon, we will look back on this time and you will feel AMAZING and JOYFUL because you made it through as a SURVIVOR!

I wish that I were there to hold your hand or hug you or just get you a glass of water - anything to make you feel just a little bit better. I love you with all of my huge heart.

Always,
Jackie