Friday, January 05, 2007

One down, only 7 to go!

I am thrilled with my port. It actually made the whole chemo process so much easier to bear.

Jeff and I got there at 10:45am and were home by 3:30pm. The treatment itself was a piece of cake, what came afterwards at home wasn't so much fun. Put it this way, I was calling myself the rookie yesterday and I guess I was given the "hazing" treatment for my first time in order to join the "club". I had the most miserable night of my life. Nausea and vomiting took over my Thursday "Office and Grey's Anatomy" night. Thank goodness for DVR!

Today I was able to keep some food down and slept most of the day. My sister came over and cut my hair really short, at the advice of my oncologist. He told me that it would be approximately 7-10 days until my hair fell out. I was thinking about starting a pool to see who could guess the day or the closest day to the actual event! Silly, I know but what can I say.

I had to go back to the doctor today in order to get my Neulasta shot which helps rebuild my white blood cells. This is necessary in order to keep up with the every 2 weeks treatment. I'll do whatever it takes to get through this faster!

Well, now that this one is under by belt, I just sit here waiting for the different side effects so I learn how to carry on with a semi normal life during treatments.

I'm just happy to have started the countdown so we can all get back to life B.C.

No comments: