Sunday, January 21, 2007

Spoke way too soon!

My first two days were so much better than my last treatment. The new anti nausea combo along with the hydration on Friday, really made a huge difference. Starting late Saturday morning though, I experienced something new that I am pretty sure I can compare to the pain of Chinese water torture. I'm just not sure if it was the side affects of the flu shot that I got or the side affects from the Nuelasta shot. It could have been a combination. All I know is that I have not experienced pain like this ever in my life. The slightest touch makes me want to jump out of my skin. The pain is unbearable. Pain killers help to dull the pain a bit, but the pain is still there in the background. I hope that's gone when I wake up in the morning. I cannot take much more of this.

On top of that, I learned that it does hurt when your hair falls out. That was something that I couldn't really get a straight answer about. Some people say that they didn't feel it, and some people say that it was very painful. I fell into the latter category. Luckily, my sister was able to come over today and shave my head. Wow was that an experience. She waited until noon because she said she felt better having a glass of wine to help her get through it. A supportive phone call from my brother and sister in law also helped her help me! I think she took it much harder than I did.

Well, it's done. My hair is gone and a bandanna covers the place where I had such a thick, head full of hair. Now we just wait until the rest falls out. I doubt it will take long. My head really hurts.

Off I go, it's time to root for the Pats!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm sure you still look as beautiful as ever!! If anyone on this planet has a head of hair that can recover from this - it's definitely you! You need to hurry up and get down to the Caribbean while you can finally relax about the humidity!! Love you - hang in there!

Jackie said...

So where are the photos of Mummy With A Mohawk?????

OK, Trace, let's look on the bright side - bald heads are not just for Yul Brynner and Mr. Clean. All the cool kids are shaving their heads. For example, you are now in good company - both Sigourney Weaver and Demi Moore went bald for a bit. You also now keep company with the likes of Samuel L. Jackson (Bad Motherf#*&er), Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel, Ving Rhames, Michael Chiklis from The Shield and Howie Mandel. And let's not forget the hot bald chick, Persis Khambatta, from the Star Trek films either.

And what about all the bald athletes like Andre Agassi, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal and Mark Messier.

Let's not forget the endless list of bald rock stars like Seal, Moby, REM's Michael Stipe, Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins, Ed the lead singer of Live and that dude from American Idol. And let's not forget the most famous bald chick ever - Sinead O'Connor - I met here; trust me, she's gorgeous.

And most importantly, some of the most spiritual beings known to man were bald - Gahndi and Yoda.

So now if people question you about your hairless head, you can simply tell them that you are in a hardcore metal band or you are a Tibetan monk.

And remember what Telly Savalas said, "Bald is beautiful!"

Who loves ya, baby!!!!!!!

Hope you are feeling better.

Uncle Jackie