Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Pathology Report - It finally came!

Jeff and I went to see my incredibly talented and sweet surgeon today. She went over the pathology report with us in layman's terms. It was kind of like reading Pathology Reports for Dummies so we would completely understand the findings. Honestly, there are still some things that we don't quite understand but hey, the important part wast that my lymph nodes (or nymph lodes as Jeff quite often says) were not affected! This we were told in the hospital, but seeing it in black and white felt so good.

What was a little upsetting was that the cancer was actually much worse than originally thought from the biopsies. I had invasive ductal carcinoma and DCIS on each side. So stage 1 in one and Stage 2 in the other. I am so glad that I had the surgery that I did. It's sure not fun recovering from it, but once I am healed it will be just an icky memory.

I am so very lucky that this has turned out the way it has. I caught it, and I am dealing with it now and I will be fine when the treatments are all over. I thank my lucky stars every day that I started early mammograms due to my family history. I am only over one hurdle and have a long way to go, but I'll get there!

Tomorrow we see the Oncologist who will outline the chemo plan for treatments. I'll post tomorrow after we know more. Wish me luck that I don't have to have alot! I am nervous just thinking about it.

4 comments:

Gineen said...

Hi Tracy,

So glad to hear you got a good report, one step closer to a new beamer (Ha!) Great picture of you guys...you look amazing, of course. You're an inspiration to us all. Keep the updates coming, love keeping up with your great progress!

Love you, Miss you, Talk to you soon!

Gineen

kate said...

Tracy, Stay strong.. Thinking of you today and everyday.
xxoo Kate

PaulOMeara said...

Hi Tracy/Jeff/Alyssa/Frankie...

Sorry I have not been in touch. This is the most unbelievable thing to read everyday - and I have been reading everyday. You are more amazing than I can put into words and you are so lucky to have Jeff around to do "things" to aid in your recovery.

I also think in true Tracy fashion (with maybe a little help from The Diff) you have TNT linked to your blog site! You are out of control.

Continued great thoughts towards you and the family and let me know when it is safe to call!!

Pablo

Joe F said...

Hi Tracy,

First off, I want to say that my prayers and thoughts are with you. I know this is a very difficult time in your life right now. But you WILL make it through fine ! You know how I know this ?
I went through this exact same situation with my mother. 5 years ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Our entire family was devasted. I was a complete wreck.
But to make a long story short Tracy, she made it through. And so will you ! 5 years later, my mother is a healthy very active woman. The worst thing that she still has to do is take a pill once a day. But I have my mom and your family will have you for a very long time too ! Personally, I beleive the secret to beating this keeping your head up, lots of support from your friends and family .. and laughter. Yes, laughter ! I know it can be tough to laugh at a time like this, but I beleive laughter is a great medicine ! I'll be thinking of you and you have my prayers and if you need me for anything, you know where to find me =)

Love,
Joe